Explore a World of Possibilities
After graduation, Sage School alumni enter a world of possibilities, and our curriculum intentionally exposes students to a wealth and diversity of fulfilling and productive ways of life.
Explore this booklet to see all the ways in which students can actively engage our curriculum, and how this engagement prepares them for the college search and application process.
The Sage School’s approach to college preparation is both holistic and targeted.This booklet will help you understand the steps involved in preparing for, and completing, college applications in detail.
Sage School Alumni
Although the ranks of Sage alumni are still relatively small, we’re excited about what they are doing out in the world. Most of our alums are currently enrolled in college, some after completing gap year programs or spending time abroad volunteering, or entering the workforce.
Sage School students have been accepted to 70 four-year colleges and universities in all geographic regions of the country, as well as Canada.
The Yearly Checklist
For current Sage students, please consult this list for yearly milestones to ensure collegiate success.
- Honoring Academic Habits & Skills
- Explore Independent Study Programs
- Take (P)SAT to Gain Exposure & Practice with Standardized Testing
- Casually Explore College Options
- Learn About College Options from Admissions Officer Campus Visits
- Take (P)SAT Test
- Spring “College Tour” Field Study
- Generate Application List & Gather Admission Requirements
- Go on College Visits & Tours
- Take Nathan’s ACT/SAT Prep Class to Prepare for College Entrance Exams
- Attend Winter College Information Night with Parents
- Take Nathan’s Two-Hour College Counseling Course
- Meet With Nathan Individually As Needed
- Attend the Boise College Fair in Late October
- Attend Local Scholarship Fair Sponsored by Blaine County Educational Foundation
- Get Support in Writing Class for Writing College Essays & Personal Statements