Creating a Diverse, Equitable & Inclusive School Community
The Sage School is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive campus and school community, and we are actively working toward this important goal. It begins with our school’s statement on diversity, which reads:
Our Philosophy on Diversity
The Sage School is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive campus and school community. Understanding our world is shaped by many factors, including age, race, gender identity, ability, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, and more, we strive to expose our students to a wide range of ideas, experiences, and cultures to help them explore different ways of thinking. The Sage School’s inclusive approach leads to a welcoming, supportive, and healthy school community that both embraces differences and promotes respect.
The work of promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion can be difficult, as we analyze power dynamics and combat our own biases, so we have sought external resources to help us along this path.
Our 2021 Goals:
- Conduct a survey of our families
- Create long-term DEI goals including financial aid, admissions, and staffing.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with leaders and constituents of various community groups in our area through our Community Action program.
Work We’ve Engaged In:
- ”Embodying Equity: Introduction to Diversity, Equity & Inclusiveness” workshop for faculty and staff, led by non-profit group Creative Strategies for Change
- Review of our written materials by Creative Strategies for Change
- Discussion and dialogue of our DEI statement, focusing on understanding both the goals and the language within it.
- Offering Spanish translators at Open House events for increased accessibility.
The Sage School is a nondiscriminatory 501(c)(3) corporation
The Sage School, Inc. admits students of any race, color, religion, gender, national and/or ethnic origin, disability, sexual orientation, and/or gender expression or identity to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at our school. The Sage School, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity or other basis prohibited by law in administration of our educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.